June 15, 2016

GREAT SCOTT! SEEING IS BELIEVING ADVERTISEMENT, 1969

The Detroit News, February 3, 1969
The thing that makes old newspapers enticing to me is what also makes them rare: they were meant to be disposable. Each paper was a one-off and done. Never to be seen again except in the newsroom archives and by scrapbookers and hoarders. While I couldn't bring myself to deface a paper via scrapbooking it may come to the point that I will hoard them. At least until I can document the information pertinent to me and then pass them along.

This Great Scott! advert has little local appeal via the products offered but the space-age graphic of the woman being blown-away by their prices is blog worthy in its own right. Thus, its placement here.

The product depictions are also a big bonus for me. I like to put dates to labels and even though this one doesn't suit my needs it's still a winner in of itself.

For the nearest Great Scott! market call JO4-6100.

No comments: