June 22, 2016

VOTER REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE, TOWNSHIP OF NANKIN, 1960


To put it country simple the Township of Nankin of 1960 was basically the current City of Westland, a portion of Livonia and slivers of surrounding cities.

Since I can attach no significant importance to any of the names shown on the card outside of longtime city official Engle, who has a building named after him in Westland, I'll list the pertinent facts. The card was issued to Virginia McComas for the 29th precinct. It was signed by Engle's secretary Therese Lindsay on October 5, 1960.

I believe that I found this at McComas's estate sale. If I remember correctly, as is often the case with these sort of ephemeral pieces, I found it in an otherwise empty dresser or desk drawer and squirreled it away for placement in one of my compact photo books for future preservation.

No comments: